Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
Date: Advice upon booking
Start/End: Hanoi/Hanoi (Pickup & Drop off at the hotel)
Group size: Private Tour Only
- Spend home-stay nights with hospitable host families
- Have hours to cross the lush paddies fields and stunning landscape
- Meet the locals and experience the rustic living of ethnic minorities
- Discover the cultural diversity in Northern Vietnam
- Savor the culinary delights of Mai Chau
- Visit the idyllic villages on the trekking route
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air- conditioned, big window
- Viet Vision Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Xa Linh – Hang Kia village (L, D)
Leaving Hanoi, we depart on our morning drive through the picturesque countryside of rice paddy fields and spectacular, rugged mountain scenery to Mai Chau, home of the Thai minority. Here we will be served lunch in a local family. After that, we take a one hour drive to Sa Linh Village to begin our trekking expedition. From here we’ll walk along gravel tracks and small paths used by the locals to Hang Kia village where we will stay overnight as honored guests of a Hmong family in a traditional longhouse. Overnight in Hang Kia village.
Day 2: Hang Kia – Van Village (B, PL, D)
Rising to the sound of lovely Mai Chau valley, we enjoy breakfast and bid a farewell to the local host family. Today our trek is quite challenging as we will walk through the tropical rainforest, up and down the uneven steps. It will take about 6 hours with picnic lunch en route. In the late afternoon, we arrive in Van village where is home to the Thai people. Check in our home-stay for refreshment. The rest of the day is free to stroll around the village until dinner served by the host.
Overnight in Van Village.
Day 3: Van Village – Sam Khoe – Mai Chau – Hanoi
This morning we continue our trek through beautiful scenery to the small village of Sam Khoe where we meet up with our waiting vehicle and drive back towards Mai Chau where lunch will be provided. Take the chance to do a little souvenir shopping from the great range of local handicrafts before we return to Hanoi. We will be back to Hanoi around 17:30. Trip ends