Tour Route: Set on coach morning cooking tour // Private afternoon cooking tour
Date: Daily from 08:15 AM – 01:00 PM// 01:30 PM – 06:00 PM
Start/ End: Hoi An/ Hoi An
Tour Category: Hoi An tours
Tour Customizable: Definitely! (Tell us what you wish to do in the inquiry form)
- Get real hands-on experience in the kitchen of the famous restaurant in Hoi An
- Explore the bustling market in ancient town by yourself
- Enjoy the scenic cruise on Hoi An River and have chances to snap beautiful shots
- Gain useful cooking tips and authentic Vietnamese recipes
- Discover the plate decoration with Vietnamese style
- Feast on delicious meals you prepared yourself
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned, big window
- Viet Vision Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Met up at Hai Scout Café at 98, Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, enjoy a drink for a short time then we visit Hoi An colorful market to experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. You will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and purchase some of the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
Board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view the local river life, so make sure your camera is handy.
On arrival, explore the cooking school’s herb and vegetable garden before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours – each dish is first demonstrated by the Red Bridge chefs before preparing the same dish yourselves. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration). After the lesson, sit down and eat exactly what you have cooked.
Recipes (our food contains no MSG):
1. Making fresh Rice paper
2. Fresh Rice Paper Rolls of Shrimp
3. Crispy Hoi An Pancakes with Shrimp, Herbs & a Peanut Sauce
4. Seafood Salad with mixed Vietnamese Herbs served in Half a Pineapple
5. Vietnamese Eggplant in Clay Pot
6. Food Decoration – Tomato Rose & Vietnamese Cucumber Hand Fan
* Lunch includes the above meals as well as:
Steamed Ocean Fish on a bed of Freshly Chopped Vegetables (not included in the demonstration)
* A vegetarian lunch can be provided on request.
Finish at approximately 1 pm – transfer back to central Hoi An.