Tour route: Hanoi – Bac Kan – Ba Be – Hanoi
Duration: 2 days, 1 night
Tour Customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
Level of Difficulty: Medium Trek
Activities: 20 – 25km trek
Percentage of Trekking: Jungle 40% – Trail 60%
Elevation: 150m – 600m
Small-Group Tour: 12 people
- Jungle trek inside Ba Be National Park and walk through the river
- Explore the diverse and beautiful landscapes of Ba Be
- Visit some local families of H’Mong ethnic people
- A picnic lunch with traditional food is prepared by the local people on day 1 & lunch within a pictures – perfect riverside restaurant on day 2
- Visit the stilt houses and school of the Dzao people
- Do the boat trip on the Nang river
- Visit the legend An Ma temple in the middle of Ba Be Lake
- Discover a magnificent Puong Cave in the Ba Be National Park system
Day 1: Kayaking and Camping on Ba Be Lake (L, D)
Our local guide will pick you up from your hotel in Hanoi to start your exciting day in Ba Be National Park. A motor tour will bring you to Boc Lom pier to learn how to paddle a kayak on rivers, and take dry bags, sports equipment, life jackets, etc. With a total of 11 km paddle, kayaking along the riverside is the most enjoyable experience. After having lunch at a nearby riverside village restaurant. You will travel down the Nang River to explore the huge Puong cave and then see Dau Dang Waterfall.
After that, you will paddle upstream to Ba Be Lake, then stop at the camping site. We will spend the night on the banks of Ba Be Lake with a barbecue in the middle of the forest.
Day 2: Trekking in the Jungle (B, L)
After a night in the forest and having breakfast on the banks of Ba Be Lake, you continue the trip with a trail in the core area of Ba Be National Park. This area is extremely remote and few people visit, first, you will climb through a canyon and some muddy roads, then you will pass some cliffs and jungle, as well as many different forest canopy of different forms and typical tropics vegetation. Maybe you will meet some animals, birds or reptiles…even cows, horses or pigs of habitants also get lost here.
Black Hmong ethnic minority villages locate at the top of the mountains, where most of the elderly cannot speak Vietnamese and communicate by using body language. People work on cornfields and terraced fields. You can stop for lunch at a homestay when going down the mountain. You can also spend some time with the children in a highland school before returning to the lakeside village.
We will take you back to Hotel in Hanoi and Your Vietnam vacation package to Ba Be National Park ends here.