- General Information
- Highlights of 5-day North Vietnam Tour
- Experience your travel with:
- Brief Itinerary
- Full Itinerary
Tour Route: Hanoi – Ninh Binh – Halong Bay – Hanoi
Duration: 5 Days/ 4 Nights
Date: No fixed dates
Start/End: Hanoi/ Hanoi
Active Level: Classic & Easy
Tour Type: Explore and Experience
Tour Customizable: Definitely! (Tell us what you wish to do in the inquiry form)
Highlights of 5-day North Vietnam Tour
- Warmly welcomed and have a chance to experience the bustling Capital as a local
- Enjoy the stunning view of Tam Coc Valley while cruising on a rowing boat
- Discover amazing tunnel caves of Halong Bay on Land
- Appreciate the ancient history, architecture, and culture of Vietnam
- Learn about the Vietnam War and the important role of President Ho Chi Minh
- Explore the magnificent scenery of the World Heritage Site: Halong Bay
- Revel in smooth sand and calm crystal water
- Feast on authentic Vietnamese food
Experience your travel with:
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great sense of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned, big window
- Viet Vision Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
Day 2: Hanoi – Ninh Binh: Hoa Lu & Tam Coc – Hanoi
Day 3: Hanoi half-day city tour – Halong Bay
Day 4: Halong Bay – Hanoi
Day 5: Hanoi Departure
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival (D)
Upon our arrival at Noi Bai airport in Hanoi, we are welcomed and picked up by our local tour guide & driver to the arranged hotel in the city center. Check-in and free for relaxing. Tonight, enjoy the fascinating Tonkin show where you can experience Vietnam’s Outdoor Cultural Spectacle in the Red River Delta and see the story immerging in the agriculture and tradition of North Vietnam. This is an amazing experience that should not be missed when visiting Hanoi. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 2: Hanoi – Ninh Binh: Hoa Lu & Tam Coc (B, L, D)
Leave Hanoi for Ninh Binh this morning in about 2.5 hours and arrive at Tam Coc Wharf. Get on the boat row while this area is still not busy to enjoy a nice and quiet riding long river through 3-tunnel caves, consisting of Hang Ca, Hang Hai, and Hang Ba grottoes.
After 2-hour boat riding, return to the shore, have lunch in a local restaurant close by, then continue to go to Hoa Lu Ancient Capital for visiting 2 temples of the Kings Dinh and Le before heading back to Hanoi. Dinner will be prepared at the hotel or local restaurant.
Day 3: Hanoi Half-Day City Tour – Halong City (B, L, D)
In the morning visit the Ho Chi Minh Complex with Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the Presidential Palace, One Pillar Pagoda…and the Temple of Literature then stop for our lunch at a local fine restaurant.
In the afternoon, spend 3.5 hours driving through the Red River Delta to Halong City. Stop for refreshments in Sao Do Town for a while during the travel. Arrive in Halong City, check-in at the hotel, and have a rest. Overnight in Halong city.
Day 4: Halong Bay (4-Hour Boat Trip) – Back to Hanoi (Water Puppet Show) (B, L, D)
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Bai Chay Wharf for our 4-hour boat trip to visit Halong Bay – The World Nature Heritage. During that time, take the opportunity to explore the spectacular Heaven Palace (Thien Cung) and Dau Go caves crammed with thousands of stalactites and stalagmites of different colors, shapes, and sizes, which definitely stir your imagination.
Keep cruising to see many limestone islands and islets, which are dotted around the bay including Incense Bowl islet, Cock Fighting islet, Sail islet, turtle island… Seafood lunch will be served on the boat. Then go back to Hanoi in the afternoon. Overnight in Hanoi
Day 5: Hanoi Departure (B)
Today feel free at leisure until our vehicle will transfer us back to the airport for our flight home. Trip ends. See you again in the next Vietnam tour packages.