Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
Date: Advice at booking time
Start/End: Ho Chi Minh City/Ho Chi Minh City
Pick up: 08:00 AM at lobby of the hotel
Drop off: 05:00PM at lobby of the hotel
Group size: From 2 People up
- Warm up with the cruise to the Cai Be floating market
- Enjoy sampan rides through the dense network of Mekong River’s waterways
- Revel in visiting traditional handicraft workshops
- Visit the floating fish farm and brick kilns in Vinh Long
- Explore the most vibrant floating markets in Mekong Delta: Cai Rang
- Appreciate the daily life of locals and experience yourself
- Enjoy over-night stay with a local hospitable host
- Feast on delicious meals
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned, big window
- Viet Vision Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City – Cai Be – Home-stay (L, D)
This morning, we travel to Cai Be colorful floating market, is known as a wholesale floating market. The wholesalers on big boats often moor here. The buyers often take the smaller boats so they can easily find what they are looking for following the tall wooden poles which hang samples of the goods on the big boats. Here, the boat will take us among local barges full of fruits and vegetables.
After the market, we stop at local workshops to visit rice paste, coconut candy, pop-rice, pop-corn production or we visit the handicraft village where the local people make special products of rice-net for spring rolls, fish sauce, soya sauce, cooking salt, sewing coconut-leaves for cottage proof….Then we stop for lunch.
In the afternoon, the rowing boat will take us deeper into the countryside along the canals. It’s time we feel the peaceful air while passing traditional houses which made of wood, palm tree leaves; farmers catching fishes or picking up fruits by the ancestral way in Mekong Delta.
Arriving at home-stay, we check in and enjoy the last but not least activity of the day is biking. It will be so amazing to bike on village paths to see the local farms, houses, real life and the ancestral ways to pick up fruits in Mekong Delta.
In the rest of the day, we learn cooking some dishes with the owners, then enjoy dinner and have the cup of tea or rice wine when talking together. We can ask the locals about the culture, people, and history of this Island. They do not mind to answer some personal questions. Overnight at home-stay.
Day 2: Vinh Long – Can Tho (B, L)
After breakfast with the host family, we will get a boat on the river for a cruise along some small canals and then the endless waterways of the mighty Mekong. Continue our boat trip to Vinh Long. Sometime we will stop for visiting brick pottery kilns and a floating fish farm. After that, we drive to Can Tho city which is considered to be the heart of the Mekong Delta. Overnight in Can Tho.
Day 3: Cai Rang floating market – Can Tho – Ho Chi Minh City (B)
Early morning today, we will take the boat trip to visit the famous Cai Rang floating market with the busy sense right at the time. This is a biggest floating market in Mekong Delta where we can see the daily life and local people selling their products on boats.
We head back to Ho Chi Minh city and tour ends in the lobby of the hotel.