Tour route: Hanoi – Ba Be Lake
Duration: 3 days
Date: No fixed departure dates. You may go whenever you wish.
Tour type: Full board package / Private tour
Tour Customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
Active level: Soft Adventure
Day 1: Hanoi – Ethnic minority museum – Ba Be Lake
Day 2: Cho Ra– Cao Thuong market – Dau Dang village – Home-stay at Tay Ethnic minority village
Day 3: Boat trip on Ba Be Lake – Hanoi
- Tour all the must-see attractions in and around Ba Be
- Gain an insight into the diversity of minority in Vietnam
- Discover the living of ethnic minority and have a close look to their lives
- Snap nice landscape photos on the way to Bac Kan town
- Spend home-stay nights with hospitable host families
- Have a full day sightseeing with picturesque cruise on Ba Be Lake
- Feast on delicious meals with authentic Vietnamese food
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air- conditioned, big window
- Viet Vision Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Day 1: Hanoi – Ba Be Lake (B, L, D)
Today we will meet our tour guide and driver at 8h00am at the lobby of the hotel in Hanoi. Before traveling up to Bac Kan province, we will stop at the Ethnic minority museum to get the overview about 54 ethnic minorities of Vietnam, to catch an idea about how are Tay ethnic minority people and their cultures. Later of, we keep on our journey up north to Bac Kan town for our lunch. After lunch, we head to Ba Be National Park area for our night stay at a local guest house at Cho Ra town. On the way, we will many photo opportunities at the villages or beautiful everlasting green landscape of mountains. Overnight in Cho Ra.
Day 2: Ba Be – Home-stay (B, L, D)
Following breakfast this morning, we take a boat trip along the Nang river, cruising through the to Puong cave. During the boat trip, we will connect to many Tay people boating to the market or to the fields or catching fish on the river. Later, we walk to the local market of Cao Thuong which is only worked on the even days of the months according to Lunar calendar (4, 6, 14, 16, 24, 26).
After the market, we continue trekking along buffalo trails to see Cam village, home of Dzao ethnic minority people. We stop for lunch in the village then down to the lower village of Cam Ha where we stay tonight at a home-stay with clean toilet and acceptable facilities.
Day 3: Ba Ba Lake – Hanoi (B, L)
After breakfast we get back on the boat; enjoy cruising on Ba Be Lake, where there is a great chance for sightseeing this beautiful national park. The boat trip finishes at Pac Ngoi wharf and we go on the shore. Then we will be heading back to Hanoi by another way, via Bang Lung, Dinh Hoa; lunch in Thai Nguyen and our trip is over at the hotel around 5 PM.
It’s not hurried for this morning so we can take our breakfast little bit late, enjoy the daily life of local citizen then travel back to Hanoi after that. It’s approximately 310km from Cao Bang to Hanoi but it will not make us tired because of stopping at many rice fields or remote villages for relaxing or photo hunting. Lunch will be at a local Vietnamese restaurant then we catch our hotel in the afternoon. Trip ends.