- Visit formed Australian Military Base in Vietnam: Nui Dat SS Hill
- Pay respect at the Long Tan Cross Memorial
- Go deeply into the ANZAC’s role in the Vietnamese conflict
- Explore the Long Phuoc Tunnel
- Enjoy the breathtaking scenery from the top of Ming Dam
- Feast on delicious Vietnamese lunch
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned, big window
- Viet Vision Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Tour route: Ho Chi Minh city – Nui Dat Task Force Base – Long Tan Cross Memorial – Horseshoe Hill – Long Phuoc Tunnels – Ming Dam – Long Hai
Duration: 1 days
Start/End: Ho Chi Minh City/Ho Chi Minh City
Pick up: 08:00 AM at lobby of the hotel
Drop off: 06:30PM at lobby of the hotel
Group size: from 1 person up
A Visit to the former Australian military base at Nui Dat, the Long Tan Cross, and Vung Tau can be covered a day from Ho Chi Minh city. This is one of those with a specialist interest in Australia’s role in the Vietnam war.
We start today at 08:00 from Ho Chi Minh City by road; our first stop is the sight of the former Nui Dat Task Force Base (Nui Dat SS Hill). Little remains of this camp except for the columns of the main gate. The former runway is now a wide street in the local village and the old helipad is now a soccer field. A school established by the Australians is nearby.
Later, drive past the location of the Horseshoe (access not permitted these days due to mining activity) to the Discourtesy Rubber Plantation. Visit the Long Tan Cross Memorial, before continuing on to the Long Phuoc Tunnels and visit Ming Dam (no longer the “Secret Zone”) and Long Hai. Later on, we transfer to Ba Ria town for our lunch. Later we transfer back to Ho Chi Minh city. Ends of the trip.