The Abandoned Valley Trekking in Phong Nha – Ke Bang is designed for those with just a day to explore the wild but still looking for an escape to the jungle along with adventure and of course, a beautiful cave.
Duration: 1 Day – at least 3 hours hiking
Date: Daily join-in-group tour
Tour Type: Trekking & Exploration
Tour Category: Quang Binh Tours
Depart: at Dong Hoi from 7.30 am or Phong Nha from 8.30 am
Drop off: about 5.00 pm at your hotel
Hiking Grade: 3 or 4 – Moderate to Strenuous
Transportation: Van or car to trailhead depending on group size
Meals: Picnic lunch, fruit snack, purified drinking water. Please note one day in advance if you have special dietary/ vegetarian requirements.
7.30 am: Pick up at Dong Hoi City
8.30 am: Pick up at Phong Nha Town
Once you are ready, we head directly to the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park and unto the trail-head. The going is 6 km trekking along narrow pathways, climb over giant boulders and navigate through streams to make the way into the beautiful and fertile. The reward for this hard trekking is a fantastic view of the many flora and fauna species found along the path. There is a wide variety of flora in this area ranging from towering hardwood trees hundreds of years old to delicate blooming flowers.
- Trek through 12 km jungle and mountain, rocky terrain
- Go through vast grass hills
- Descend down narrow paths with a shimmy
around boulders and under low-hanging vines
- Go crossing stream
12.00 am: Lunch at E Cave
E Cave is one of the most beautiful and pristine river caves in the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park as it is situated in a completely unspoiled environment.
- Free jump and swim in the blue natural springs
- Explore E Cave as an Aquarium, with colorful stalactites, with lovely shapes, creating a mysterious feature.
- Dive deeply inside the E cave
1.00 pm: ‘Nuoc Lan’ cave Exploration – the jungle exit of Dark Cave
If you view from a distance, ‘Nuoc Lan’ Cave will look like a wine bottle of the old ancestors. It is surrounded by groves of trees growing from rocky mountains. High ceilings are structured by black limestone but more surprised when the stalactites flowing down from the ceiling are primitive white.
- Climb over sharp rocks
- Conquer 800m ‘Nuoc Lan’ cave
- Explore the ancient limestone system with hundreds of millions of years old fossils
- Learn and explore stalactite system with a black limestone structure
- Experience adventure roads and jagged rocky trails
4.00 pm: End tour
Head back (6km) trekking on a different trail in the Abandoned valley to Ho Chi Minh road. Drive back to your hotel around 5.00 pm. Your Vietnam vacation ends.