- Duration: 1 days
- Date: No fixed departure dates. You may go whenever you wish.
- Start/End: Luang Prabang/Luang Prabang
- Tour type: Landscape, Culture and Nature, Hill Tribe Discovery
- Tour Customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
- Active level: Moderate, Easy walking
08:00, we meet our local tour guide and driver at the lobby of hotel then we will go to visit the National Museum once the Royal Palace. Here we will see pictures of the various famous leaders and fighters of Laos history, from long ago and up to the present new revolutionary period. After that we will visit two magnificent temples: Wat Visoun and Wat Xienthong – the city’s oldest temple and one of the best examples of Luang Prabang’s classical architecture.
After lunch, we will take a boat trip up the Mekong River to the mysterious Tam Ting Cave with its thousand Buddha statues of all shapes and sizes. On the way we will stop at Ban Xanghai a village which is famed for the production of traditional Lao rice alcohol. On return we take a short trip to Ban Xangkhong – a weaving village and to Ban XiangLek – a village producing “sa” paper. Then we will climb up the steps to the top of Mount Phousi where we can see the sacred stupas and enjoy the magnificent panoramic view of the city. Watch the sun sets gently in the west and listen to the peace and quiet evening sounds. We will come back the hotel at around 06:30PM.