Duration: 1 days
Start/End: Ho Chi Minh City/Ho Chi Minh City
Pick up: 08:00 AM at lobby of the hotel
Drop off: 05:00PM at lobby of the hotel
Group size: From 2 People up
- Witness the daily life of local peple in the Cai Be floating market
- Take a sampan ride to visit local traditional handicraft workshops
- Savor the lunch with delicious dishes at a superb restaurant
- Experience the Mekong Delta rural life
- Visit the tourist attractions along the Mekong River
- Enjoy the tranquil beauty of Mekong Delta
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air- conditioned, big window
- Viet Vision Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Recommend Bringing: a small, lightweight daypack for cameras, spare film, and comfortable walking shoes.
We are picked-up and head to Mekong Delta area and start our private cruise excursion on Cai Be Princess cruise. Welcome by crew team with fresh cotton towels while cruising along Cai Be floating colorful market, which is known as a wholesale floating market. The wholesalers on big boats often moor here. The buyers often take the smaller boats so they can easily find what they are looking for following the tall wooden poles which hang samples of the goods on the big boats. Here, the boat will take us among local barges full of fruits and vegetables.
Cruising further, our sampan will bring us to see some local home factories to discover traditional rice paste making, rice pop corn, coco candies, and longans drying process.
A delicious lunch will await us at a superb Indochinese villa, Le Longanier, located in a luxuriant garden by the river.
Set menu lunch today includes Vegetable Soup, Le Longanier Fried Spring rolls, Fried Mekong Elephant Ear Fish, Fried Mixed Vegetables with Pork, Caramelized Pork in Clay Pot, Seasonal Fresh Fruits. (For other menus, please advise)
After lunch, the sampan will cruise to Dong Hoa Hiep so we can see the typical Mekong Delta rural life on the way. These evergreen islands among the Mekong River still remain unknown to many people. Visit an Ancient Mandarin house dating from the 19th century where the family will welcome us with a cup a tea.
We will get to Vinh Long, passing beautiful landscapes along Dong Phu canal, Binh Hoa Phuoc and An Binh islands famous for their fruit orchards. We also can stop to visit An Binh ancient Church or at Mr. Tiger bonsai garden.
After crossing the Co Chien River, the excursion will end at Vinh Long pier around 4 pm. Our awaiting vehicle will take us back to Ho Chi Minh city.