Tailoring your trips
Design your own unique Indochina experience, We'll support you tailor-make your tour- step by step.
Click here to start!
|Flights in and out of Vietnam|
This post was updated in November 2007.
Things have changed since my last update in 2005. Pacific Airlines in Vietnam has become a budget airlines and you can book on line with them. Vietnam Airlines website is still under construction, so you must book via their agents. Some budget airlines (Air Asia, Nok Air, Tiger Airways, Jet Star) opened the new routes to Vietnam, as a result, the tourist number in Vietnam has increased as we could travel on the low cost flights.
Below is the names of some airlines that operate their business in Vietnam, and from Vietnam fly to some countries in SEA that I know. Some routes may have been changed, or new routes will be open very soon. This information is effective at present. The "name of departure" is Vietnam, but it also means "vice versa".
Vietnam Airlines (government airlines) and Pacific Airlines (budget airlines)
Airport tax: VND 30,000 (Airport tax was included in the ticket)
Airport tax at Noi Bai airport (Hanoi) and at Tan Son Nhat airport (HCMC): US$14
Airport tax at Da Nang airport: US$6
(Airport tax was included in the ticket as of November 1, 2006)
1. Vietnam and Laos
- Hanoi - Vientiane: Vietnam Airlines / Lao Airlines (code share)
- Hanoi - Luang Prabang: Vietnam Airlines / Lao Airlines
- HCMC - Vientiane: Vietnam Airlines
2. Vietnam and Cambodia
- Hanoi - Siem Reap: Vietnam Airlines / Lao Airlines (transit in Vientiane)
- Hanoi - Bangkok - Phnom Penh: Air Asia
- Hanoi - Kuala Lumpur (LCCT)- Siem Reap (or Phnom Penh): Air Asia
- HCMC - Siem Reap: Vietnam Airlines / Royal Khmer Airlines
- Da Nang - Siem Reap: Silk Air / Tiger Airways
** Note: Trans-Indochina route by Vietnam Airlines: Hanoi - Luang Prabang - Siem Reap - HCMC, and Hanoi - Vientiane - Phnom Penh - HCMC.
3. Vietnam and Thailand
- Hanoi - BKK: Vietnam Airlines / Thai Airways / Air France / Lao Airlines (transit in VTE) / Thai Air Asia (budget airlines) / Nok Air (budget airlines)
- HCMC - BKK: Vietnam Airlines / Thai Airways / Lufthansa / Air France / Bangkok Airways (Pacific Airlines)
- Da Nang - BKK: PB Air (3 times per week)
4. Vietnam and Myanmar
- Hanoi - BKK - Yangon: Hanoi - BKK (as above), BKK - Yangon: Thai Airways / Bangkok Airways / Air Asia / Myanmar International Airways
- Hanoi - BKK - Chiang Mai - Mandalay: Hanoi - BKK (see above), Chiang Mai - Mandalay by Air Mandalay (only once a week)
- Hanoi - Luang Prabang - Chiang Mai by Lao Airlines then Chiang Mai - Mandalay by Air Mandalay
5. Vietnam and Singapore
- Hanoi - Singapore: Vietnam Airlines / Singapore Airlines / Tiger Airways (budget airlines)
- HCMC - Singapore: Vietnam Airlines / Singapore Airlines / Tiger Airways / Garuda Indonesia / Jet Star
6. Vietnam and Indonesia
- Hanoi - Kuala Lumpur (LCCT) - Denpasar: Air Asia
- HCMC - Singapore - Denpasar/ Jakarta / Yogyakarta: Garuda Indonesia
7. From Hanoi to the Philippines (Clark), Brunei via Kuala Lumpur (LCCT) or Singapore: Air Asia / Tiger Airways
Viet Vision Travel.
Hanoi head office: No 31 Van Mieu street, Dong Da district, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: ++ (84-4) 35561146, ++(84-4) 35561172 Fax: ++(84-4) 35561147. Hotline: ++ (84) 902 294 008
Ho Chi Minh office: 5th Floor Thanh Dung Tower, 179 Nguyen Cu Trinh, 1 district, Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: ++ (84 8) 66808360, ++ (84 8) 38378375 Fax: ++ (84 8) 38389551. Hotline: ++ (84) 989 018 255
Website: www.vietvisiontravel.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgInternational Tour Operator License: 0675 / TCDL-GP LHQT
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the Viet Vision Travel User Agreement